Monday, June 16, 2008

Sharing a recipe a friend in New York sent me . I am not sure if i will ever make it but she swears its yummy lol.


ENjoy
BEAN BARS

2 cups cooked beans [chichi, kidney, pinto, or navy beans] Instead of buying and cooking the beans, I used a 15.5 oz can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed 3 times.
2/3 cup dried milk
1 cup wheat flour
2/3 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 egg whites, beaten
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup molasses
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup olive oil [I used canola oil]
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon allspice
1 cup raisins

1. Mash beans into a paste.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Stir to mix.
4. Pour into 8 x 8 pan
5. Bake at 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
ADDITIONAL NOTES:
You can also use pears or other fruit to replace the applesauce.

I put all the ingredients, except the flour and spices, into my blender and made the paste out of it. Then I mixed the flour and spices together and put them into the blender, along with the raisins. Blended all that well.

This is very good, taste like a spice cake with raisins in it.

No comments: